enjoying life in budapest, hungary...one breath at a time....

Monday, September 19, 2005

Youth Group

Last night, our church's youth group was at my house. Our church rents a room in a local college for Sunday morning meetings so there isn't a place for the youth to meet on Sunday nights. Instead we meet in each others houses. So last night was my turn. Since it was at my house, I got to do the welcome, prayer requests and come up with a game to play. We played three truths and a lie. I'm sure most of you have heard of it. It is where you come up with three things that are true about you and one thing that isn't. Then the group has to guess which one is your lie. It was fun in my opinion to hear what the lies were. Some of them were pretty crazy! I think the American candy (AKA Skittles that I had for prizes helped the game be a smashing sucess). The speaker/teacher for the night was a man that goes to our church. I had heard some very good things about his teaching before last night but had never heard him speak. I wasn't planning on him being even better then what I had heard. He was so interesting. Ok.... my parents always make comments about me being a teenager and the affects it has on my brain (or lack there of sometimes) so I'll make one today. If he could keep 20 teenagers involved and awake for an hour and a half and even have some of them stay late to talk to him, then he is a speaker we need to have again. Here are some pictures I took:

People who stood around afterwards because they still wanted to talk.

Youth group buddies. L to R- Abby (teacher at the international Christian school here in Budapest. She comes and hangs out with us sometimes and taught my Bible study group last year. She is really a sweetie), Allie (got to know her in Bible class year when my dad taught it She is a good friend) and Melissa (a Senior at the International Christian school)