Death turned to life...
Today, I went walking in a Hungarian cemetery. Now I know that this probably sounds very strange to you. Maybe it is or maybe it’s just me but back to the walking. I enjoy strolling along in the quietness of a cemetery but that is not the only reason I go there. Yes, I get to work on my “gravestone” Hungarian. I can read most of the headstones, which is an accomplishment for me. Nevertheless, this is not the reason I find this place so peaceful and motivating. As I walked around, I noticed the ages of the people buried there. Some were old. Others were but months or days old. Flowers were everywhere. Some graves were overrun with weeds or falling apart. However, all graves just contained dead bodies. Nothing more. The people there were dead and lifeless. This is what I find motivating. I'm alive. I'm young. Even though I know not how many more breaths I will take, I am breathing at this moment. I am very much alive. Looking around at this place where people no longer live saddens me. I hate the possiblity of these people not knowing Jesus personally. But I cannot do anything about these people. For they are already out of my reach. I cannot change the past-- I can do something about the people that are living today. I can reach out. I can make a differece. I can plant a seed. I can impact my generation for Christ. And I can do this now. Before it's too late. I don't need to waste time. For now is my life and it lasts but a fleeting moment. Now is the time to give my all. to worship my Savior...to tell others about my joy!

<< Home