enjoying life in budapest, hungary...one breath at a time....

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Trash to Treasure

Monday is BTG day. This might not mean a lot to you but our neighborhood is definitely feeling the effects of it. BTG is the trash collecting company of Hungary. Every year a day is set aside for different parts of our town to throw away anything they ever wanted to get rid of as long as it isn't toxic. No...toxic waste day is on October 15(so my landlord finally got across to me on Friday after much brain bending on my part) Ok, so maybe this all sounds pretty normal to you. The funny part of it all is that people put their trash out several days before it is to be picked up. Our neighborhood has come alive with people that are not just looking but actually digging through all this stuff. The piles include things like shoes, old clothes, furniture and even appliances. I've been seeing cars loaded to the very top with these kinds of things going by our house for days....check it out.....wanna go shopping? You know they say "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

Anyone looking for a new bed? I think I found a good deal

Driving off into the sunset with their new treasures...Ahhhhhh. I love happy endings :)